Monday, April 14, 2008

A Case of the Mondays

Every day when I get to work I am depressed. I do like my job, but when I settle into my desk, log on to my computer and start on my morning coffee, I almost always feel like crying. Perhaps too much caffeine (though I only drink one cup and am a zombie without it).

It’s a distinct shift in mood. I do not dread coming to work. I am general content when I wake in the morning. On the subway I am groggy but not unhappy, especially if I’m reading, which is pretty much always.

But at my desk the world begins to crumble. Depression. Anxiety. Anger and frustration. I have so much work to do. And nothing. I have so much to do at home. Chapbooks to make, errands to run, not to mention all the poems I’m not writing. Music might help, so I listen to my iPod. Or maybe peruse some blogs. On none of this can I concentrate for very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home