Monday, May 19, 2008

Get Ur Knives Out

a few months ago i wrote a post on this blog announcing that i was done sending to contests. at that point i was, and since that moment have only been sending to small independent presses in the hopes having my book published by one of the many little presses whose work i respect and admire.

my manuscript, however, was still at the contests i had sent it to before deciding against future submissions to them. turns out i won one, and i have accepted the prize. so whatever barbs you wanna throw my way, i guess i deserve it to some extent. i would say that i'm not too much of a hypocrite and that this is just an ironic turn of events, for whatever that's worth.

5 Comments:

Blogger shanna said...

hey, congratulations u hypocrite. ;) i can't wait to get yr book. so there.

May 20, 2008 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Mark Horosky said...

congratulations......

May 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Sampson said...

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes mutha fuckas!" -Poetry Bear(d)

May 20, 2008 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Steven D. Schroeder said...

Congratulations. New Issues is running up a great record for a contest...

May 23, 2008 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Ana Božičević said...

No, man, you publicly taunted the Contest Fairy, and she bit you in the whoopee cushion, ever so pleasantly. She was all like, What that boy Marks be bitchin about? Let me see this book of his!? Oh wait... these are good. REALLY good. Shit. Better give him a prize...

What's really awesome-o is that the title of the book is A Million in Prizes. Now that's genius.

May 30, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home